Summer Student Event/Office Assistant
The Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) – the support organization for the 157 Community Leagues in Edmonton is piloting a ten-league, Neighbour-to-Neighbour Membership Sales Drive for the summer of 2017.
EFCL is now looking for two Event/Office Assistants to join its team for a summer contract under the Canada Summer Jobs Grant Program to coordinate and assist with a series of door-to-door membership drives, our presence at Servus Heritage Days and other summer/office events that may arise.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working with the Sr. Director and Community League Pilot Lead, this position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Recruits and supervises volunteer canvassers
- Trains and coordinates with leagues, sponsors, vendors and staff
- Prepares for events, setup, run, take down and evaluation
- Prepares print material and other sales resources
- Trains and coordinates volunteer tasks and orientation
- Prepares volunteer resource kits, and other assistance to volunteer canvassers as required
- Creates and maintains a database for stakeholders, volunteers, and league participants
- Manages an event budget
- Prepares and submits reports as requested by the Sr. Director
- Provide orientation sessions to educate and inform about the roles/responsibilities and positions
- any other follow up/assignment needed
The role of the Event/Office Assistant is essential to the smooth operation of our organization. The incumbent should be professional in demeanor, be a good organizer, and a good listener. Computer skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook are needed along with the ability to work with our communications team to facilitate social marketing.
Excellent organizational skills, tech savvy, and self-sufficiency are desired traits with the ability to multitask and prioritize being key attributes for success in this role.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Superior organizational skills - can work independently and as part of a busy team
- Flexible - has the ability to adjust to changing work priorities
- Outgoing and effective team player, contributing to a positive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience & knowledge with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Interest/qualifications/experience with Community Leagues an asset
Operations and Membership, Sr. Director – Joanne Booth
37.5 hours/week - full-time May 2017 – August, 2017
Exact start and end dates TBD.
Remuneration: (hourly wage)
$16.00 per hour
This student will work at the EFCL office 7103 105th street NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 4G8 and at Community League locations across the City.
Candidates will be requested to submit a cover letter and resume and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. .