Start a Walking Program in Your Community
With the support of a Recreation and Physical Activity Grant from Alberta Tourism and Culture, EFCL is offering the support you need to start a walking program in your community.
The first 20 community leagues will receive leadership training through Urban Poling, plus Urban Poling start-up kits.
But it's not just Nordic pole walking. If your community is interested in other forms of walking initiatives – we have support and resources for that too.
Community League Walking Programs are a strategic expansion of a trending successful initiative that is happening across Canada.
Community leagues will receive:
- Access to 8 sets of Urban Poles to get your community started! (Available for up to *20 Community Leagues.)
- Get two fitness poling training sessions with Urban Poling right in your community!
- Host a "Try it" Day! Invite your community to come out and try urban poling – EFCL Community Walking Coordinator will attend and teach and demonstrate urban poling.
- Access to fitness pole (Urban Poling) Leadership Training (4 hour course) Please choose one of training session dates below (Maximum 10 people per session):
- March 26 from 1pm to 5pm – Leadership Training Session, Ritchie CL, 7727 98 St. CLOSED
- April 9 from 1pm to 5pm – Leadership Training Session, Highlands CL, 11333 62 St. CLOSED
- May 7 from 1pm to 5pm – Leadership Training Session, Blue Quill CL, 11304 25 Ave.
- June 25 from 1pm to 2:30pm – Refresher and feedback session, EFCL Offices
- September 2016 – dates TBD
- On going support and resources, from EFCL Community Walking Coordinator
- A centralized refresher course at the completion of community sessions to encourage momentum and gather feedback.
For more information on the program, please contact EFCL Community Walking Coordinator, Allyson Szafranski via email or by phone at 780-437-2913.
Only one training session left - have you registered your program leaders yet?
To participate in this program, please fill out this form.
Download PDF copies of these resource materials to ensure your walking program is a success.