Finance Officer (Full Time/ 0.8 FTE)
Are you passionate about Edmonton’s Community Leagues? Have you had experience managing the financials for a dynamic non-profit organization? Are you a self-starter with a positive attitude?
The Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) is a not-for-profit organization that supports the city’s 160 Community Leagues. Our mission is to connect, represent and enable Leagues to preserve and promote the Community League way of life.
The Finance Officer supports the EFCL through financial reporting & administration. The Financial Administrator manages the financial systems nd accounting records of the EFCL and its committees, working closely with the Executive Director and the EFCL Board’s Treasurer. This staff member also assists Community Leagues in the areas of financial systems, record- keeping, and financial reporting. The Finance Officer works within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
- Accredited diploma in accounting (minimum requirement)
- Previous accounting related work experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Familiarity with both operating and capital accounting processes
- Proficiency with Sage 50 and Quickbooks
- Familiarity with other common accounting software applications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently in a busy environment
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage accounts receivable including invoicing, issuing receipts and daily transaction posting
- Manage accounts payable including cheque processing and daily transaction posting
- Process bi-weekly payroll, Receiver General remittances and annual T-4 requirements
- Manage recovery activities
- Manage GST Rebate program for applicable EFCL transactions
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations on all bank accounts, balance to computerized General Ledger monthly for Executive Director review
- Prepare monthly financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget Variance Report and Aged Accounts Receivable for Executive Director review
- Assist the Executive Director and Treasurer to prepare the annual budget
- Provide financial services for EFCL Committees including the 100th Anniversary Project
- Coordinate reporting for grant applications made by the EFCL
- Responsible to submit EFCL casino license application and meet all AGLC reporting requirements
- Assist community leagues upon request with information regarding: payroll, T4’s, recordkeeping, financial statements, audit preparation, bingo/casino reports, administer/accounting for GST Rebates and Tax Credits, and accounting programs
- Primary staff liaison with the auditor - prepare annual information and documentation as required
In order to meet the needs of the Board, our General Meetings, and meeting needs of a non-profit, evening and weekend work will be required at times. Access to reliable transportation is required. This is a 0.8 full-time equivalent position (30 hours per week) with an annual salary of $50,000. Following a probation period of 3 months, the successful applicant will qualify for the EFCL benefits and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Laura Cunningham-Shpeley, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Finance Officer in the subject line. The closing date is Sunday, March 15, 2020.