Edmonton is a place where community is understood and valued, and where Leagues are seen as the mechanism for citizens to build great neighbourhoods and advocate for the city they want.
We connect, represent and enable Leagues to preserve and promote the Community League way of life.
The goal of the EFCL
The goal of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues is to enhance the quality of life in Edmonton by supporting the community league movement through:
- Facilitating healthy and safe communities by promoting participation in affordable recreation, sports and social activities at the community level;
- Developing and enhancing the skills of community league volunteers by providing information, resources and education;
- Promoting, facilitating and celebrating volunteerism at the community level.
- Providing a multi-dimensional communication network to share pertinent information on relevant issues and emerging trends;
- Advocating on behalf of the Membership on general city-wide issues and assisting Members in their role as community advocates;
- Assisting in the creation and organization of new community leagues; and
- Providing and maintaining a central administrative operation and meeting facility for consideration and discussion of questions affecting the interests of the community.