EFCL 100th donation page
Key Stakeholder Updates on the EFCL's 100th Anniversary Plaza at Hawrelak Park
For key stakeholders, like festivals and events taking place in Hawrelak Park, we are happy to provide updates on this page. Our goal is to be transparent and clear with the construction and operations of the 100th Anniversary Plaza.
Have a question for us? Please email email@example.com and ask!
This PDF has the 100th Anniversary Plaza project history and overall plans.
February 2020: Time Capsule Raffle
The EFCL is working on a time capsule to be stored at Community League Plaza. In order to fund this part of the project, we're holding a raffle of an original painting by local artist Willie Wong, which depicts various elements of Edmonton neighbourhoods.
Tickets are $10 each, and they may be purchased in person at the EFCL office during business hours--just ask for Janita or Nora. Cash and credit cards will be accepted for in-office purchases. Tickets will also be sold at EFCL events, cash only. The draw will be on October 26, 2020.
January 2020 Update
Construction continues on the Plaza. Some questions that have been asked recently:
Will this project impact my event in 2020?
During construction: No, EFCL has agreed to cease construction activities during festival events. EFCL started construction after the festival and event season in 2019, and though construction will continue during SilverSkate festival in February of 2020, it will not interfere with the event. We have the schedules for all planned events in 2020 from the City of Edmonton. Our hope is that the plaza and the art installations along the stream will be completed by the end of May 2020.
Will you work with us to keep construction impacts to our festivals at a minimum and let us know as the new re-scoped project plans are developed?
Yes, as construction progresses there are often decisions that need to be made as unforeseen costs
emerge prompting changes or unexpected cost savings occur that allow for new opportunities to
enhance the project. If there are changes that have a confirmed impact to the scope of the design, EFCL
will be happy to share that news with the festivals and events through our project page and through the
City of Edmonton project steering committee that liaises with the festivals and events directly.
Has our feedback with regards to the operational impacts of the project made any changes to the project design and build?
Yes, at additional design and construction expense, EFCL further widened the narrowest point of
the pathway through the plaza from X meters to 10 meters. Pedestrian flow ( golf cart access )
over the existing bridge will remain the same as there are no changes to this structure in the
December 15, 2019, Hard Hats and Hot Chocolate Event
November 30, 2019, Site Visit
We invited festivals and events to join us for a visit of the Community League Plaza in initial phases of construction. Some of the video and photos of that visit are below. Project Manager, Scott Varga, of Avison-Young spoke about this phase of construction and the materials used. Site manager, Wayne Cebryk, of Stanley Construction, was also on hand to share some information. Take a look!
EFCL $100 Club
EFCL Project Patrons & Business Friends
Messages from our most recent donors!
- "Jane Norby, on her 70th birthday. A woman who has spent many of her 70 years, and continues to, make our community vibrant and caring." - Jane T.Belgravia Community League
- "No message" - AnonymousAspen Gardens Community League
- "In honour of the South Clareview Community League." - Shawna S.South Clareview Community League
- "In honour of all community leagues." - Brittany G.
- "In honour of the Twin Brooks Community League." - Margaret S.Twin Brooks Community League
- "For all the community residents of Twin Brooks." - James L.Twin Brooks Community League
- "A wonderful community spirit is alive in the areas of Wildrose, Larkspur and Silver Berry." - Kendra B.The Meadows Community League
- "In honour of all Parkallen community league volunteers." - Beverly Z.Parkallen Community League
- "Go Edmonton! Let\'s help EFCL create a lasting legacy for all to enjoy!" - Lawrence S.Twin Brooks Community League
- "To a great community in a great city!" - Robert M.Malmo Community League
|League||Last Donation||# of $100 Club Members|
|Parkallen Community League||Thursday, Jul 2, 2015||3|
|Riverdale Community League||Tuesday, May 21, 2019||2|
|South Clareview Community League||Thursday, Mar 28, 2019||2|
|Strathcona Centre Community League||Thursday, Mar 28, 2019||2|
|Twin Brooks Community League||Thursday, Jul 2, 2015||2|