Telling your Community League Story
Community leagues have great stories. And telling them well is a good way to engage people in the league, in their community, and as neighbours. EFCL has collected and developed a number of resources designed specifically to support community leagues in connecting neighbours on and offline, and in using social media tools to share their stories about their neighbourhoods.
In 2014/2015, EFCL & ev+ Digital and Traditional Marketing Agency hosted a series of social media workshops geared specifically at community leagues. The presentation slide deck and Social Media Resource Manual are both available for community league use.
Why Use Social Media?
- Social media platforms are free (or very, very cheap) ways to promote your community league to a huge audience.
- Social media tools are incredibly effective ways to share your stories.
- Edmonton is a very active city on social media, especially Twitter.
- And it's not just Edmonton. Most Canadians use social media of some kind.
- Social media users form communities, and online communities help people connect in the 'real' world.
Community League Social Media Resource Library
- Social Media
Please choose a folder to start browsing files.